Three candidates filed to run for open seats on the St. Charles Community College (SCC) Board of Trustees on the first day of election filing Tuesday. Candidate filing began Dec. 13 and continues until Jan. 17.
SCC has two six-year terms and one two-year term up for election on the April 2012 ballot. Both William R. Pundmann and Jean Ehlmann's terms end in April.
William Lohmar, who was appointed to the SCC Board of Trustees in January 2011, replaced his son, Timothy Lohmar, who was elected as a judge in Missouri’s 11th Judicial Circuit. Lohmar’s appointment ends in April 2012, and a candidate is needed to fulfill the remaining two years of Timothy Lohmar’s term.
Candidates For Six Year Terms
- A.C. Dienoff, challenger
- William R. Pundmann, incumbent
Candidates For Two Year Term
- William Lohmar, incumbent
SCC Board of Trustees Candidate Requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- At least 21 years of age
- Must be a registered voter in the district for one calendar year preceding the election
- A candidate must never have been convicted of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America
Filing continues until Jan. 17 at the Office of the President, Room 2104, Daniel J. Conoyer Social Sciences Building at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. in Cottleville. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Filings will not be accepted on Thursday, Dec. 22, through Tuesday, Jan. 3 or Monday, Jan. 16.