Chris Howard Named CEO of SSM Health Care-St. Louis
He succeeds Jim Sanger in that role, the organization announced Wednesday.
Chris Howard has been named president and chief executive of SSM Health Care-St. Louis, the organization announced Wednesday in a news release. He succeeds Jim Sanger, who retired in December.
“Chris’s talents will serve SSM Health Care–St. Louis well in the coming years,” stated Bill Thompson, SSM Health Care president and chief executive officer, in the release. “He is committed to exceptional patient care, and his ability to forge creative relationships with physicians is exactly the kind of leadership that will benefit patients.”
SSM Health Care-St. Louis is composed of seven hospitals:
- SSM St. Mary’s Health Center in Richmond Heights
- SSM St. Clare Health Center in Fenton
- SSM DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton
- SSM St. Joseph Health Center in St. Charles
- SSM St. Joseph Health Center Wentzville
- SSM St. Joseph Hospital West in Lake Saint Louis
- Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in St. Louis city
The health system also includes SSM St. Joseph Medical Park, a managed care organization and a physicians' organization.
Howard, 47, previously served as regional president and system vice president of SSM Health Care of Oklahoma. He has been in the health care field for 23 years and with SSM Health Care for 17.
He holds a master's and a bachelor's in organizational communication from The University of Oklahoma, and he holds a master's in health administration from the University of Oklahoma College of Public Health in Oklahoma City.