Daily Dose: Will the St. Louis Rams Stay in St. Louis or Leave for L.A.?
Start your morning off right and read Wentzville Patch's The Daily Dose.
Welcome to The Daily Dose, Wentzville Patch's attempt to equate itself to your morning cup of coffee.
The Daily Dose is a new Wentzville Patch feature. Essentially, it's an updated Wake Up Wentzville. A little bit of old, a little bit of new!
We hope you'll make The Daily Dose part of your daily routine. And we'd love to hear from you on how we can make The Daily Dose a more integral part of your morning. Any suggestions can be sent to Local Editor Brian Feldt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Weather from the National Weather Service
Friday: Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 55. East wind between 7 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Friday Night: Occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 42. East wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Saturday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 50. East wind between 7 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday Night: A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
Sunday: A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
2. Redbox Handing Out Free Rentals
Still searching for a good Valentine's Day date idea? Dinner and a movie is always a sure-fire winner! And thanks to Redbox, one of those items could be free—unfortunately for our pockets, it's not the dinner.
From Redbox's Facebook page:
Valentine's Day is all about spreading the love, and who doesn't love a free movie night? Send a valentine to your Facebook friends, and they'll get a promo code that they can use for a free one-day DVD rental on February 14th.
CLICK HERE for more details.
3. Question of the Day
The public agency that manages the Edward Jones Dome, according to a St. Louis Post-Dispatch report, proposed a $124 million overhaul of the 16-year-old dome, while St. Louis city and county officials stressed that no new public money would go to the team without voter approval.
The Rams have been rumored for months to be leaving St. Louis for greener pastures in Los Angeles or even London. Of course, there still remains a possibility that St. Louis retains the NFL franchise.
For more on the issue, CLICK HERE.
But in the meantime, we ask you: What does your gut say? Will the Rams stay in St. Louis or leave? Do you hope the Rams stay? Why or why not?
Weigh in by leaving a comment below!
4. Today is Follow Friday!
Never heard of Follow Friday? It's a Twitter thing—basically where Twitter users promote and suggest other Twitter feeds to follow. Here at Wentzville Patch, we love Twitter! And Facebook, too! So here are a few folks from around town you should consider following or becoming a fan of if you aren't already.
- Imagination Pottery and More
- Best Buy WENTZVILLE MO
- Goodcents Subs | Wentzville, MO
- Maggie Malone's
- @ranken (Ranken Technical College)
- @WentzvilleMo (City of Wentzville)
- @WSDinfo (Wentzville School District)
- @FrWentzParks (Wentzville Parks)
- @CFA_Wentzville (Chick-fil-A Wentzville)
5. Yesterday's Headlines
- Ross Dress for Less In the Works for Wentzville
- New Frozen Yogurt Café to Open Next Month
- Holt, Timberland Hockey Clubs Ready for Playoffs
- Police Blotter: DWI, Fires, Trespassing and Property Damage
- Get Out: Daddy's Little Sweetheart Dance in Wentzville
- Daily Dose: Where is Wentzville's Best Cup of Coffee?
- 10 Groundhog Day Facts: What Do You Know About Punxsutawney Phil?
- Timberland Art Students Honored at Reception