This Weekend: See a Ballet, Enter a Cooking Contest, Welcome Troops Home
Each week, O'Fallon Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. Cottleville.
- What? NBC’s Stand-Up for Diversity comedians Mal Hall, Sam Comroe and Tony Baker will headline Comedy Night at St. Charles Community College in the theater of the Donald D. Shook Fine Arts Building. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The show is rated PG-13. Tickets are $10 for the general public and $5 for SCC students with valid ID. Purchase tickets online or call 636-922-8050.
- When/Where? Friday, Jan. 27 at 4:30 p.m. at Corporate Parkway Library, 1200 Corporate Pky in Wentzville.
- What? Take the Chairman's challenge at Corporate Parkway for the food battle of the sports season. All supplies and food provided. A prize will be given to the Iron Chef champion team. Pre-registration is required, but there are still a few spots open. Visit the library website to sign up.
- When/Where? Friday, Jan. 27 at 8 p.m. at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St. in St. Charles.
- What? Watch the Moscow Festival Ballet present the classic tale of Cinderella. Ticket prices range from $26.50 for balcony seats to $54.50 for Platinum seats. Call 636-949-4433 for more information. Visit the website to order tickets.
- When/Where? Saturday, Jan. 28 at 10 a.m. at PetSmart, 2861 Veterans Memorial Pky. in St. Charles.
- What? If you're looking for a furry friend t to add to the family, visit PetSmart on Saturday and meet some pets looking for good homes.
- When/Where? Saturday, Jan. 28 at 10 a.m. at Progress Park, 968 Meyer Rd. in Wentzville.
- What? Children ages three to five are invited to learn the basketball basics. Jump Start Basketball is a four-week program. Each child will work one-on-one with their parent/guardian in performing various drills and receive a T-shirt, miniature basketball and water bottle. Cost is $45. Call 636-332-9236 for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, Jan. 28 from 7-10 p.m. at O'Fallon YMCA, 3451 Pheasant Meadow Dr.
- What? Children ages six and older are welcome to enjoy an obstacle course and other activities including, swimming and crafts. Concessions will be available for purchase. Contact the Service Center at 636-379-0092 for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at the St. Charles Family Arena, 2002 Arena Pky in St. Charles.
- What? Xtreme International Ice Racing is a professional racing tour on ice. Speedway bikes and quads are modified and compete on an indoor ice arena. Tickets are $5-$25. For more information, visit the St. Charles Family Arena website.
- When/Where? Saturday, Jan. 28 at 12 p.m. at 500 Pine St. in St. Louis.
- What? Welcome home the Iraq war veterans with a parade that begins at at Keiner Plaza, goes down Market Street and ends at Union Station. To volunteer, visit www.january28group.org. For more information, visit www.missioncontinues.org/welcomehomeheroes.