Get Out: Visit Renaud Spirit Center For Free on New Year's Day
Each week, Lake Saint Louis Patch features a planner with weekend events in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Dec. 30 at 6 p.m. at Fort Zumwalt Park
- What? O’Fallon’s 19th Annual Celebration of Lights is a display featuring holiday scenes along a one-mile route through Fort Zumwalt Park. No reservations are needed for a drive-through view. Visit the display from 6-10 p.m. on the final night of the season this weekend. Admission is $9 per car, $15 per van and $1 per person for tour busses (with a minimum of $25 per bus). For more information, visit the city's website.
- When/Where? Friday, Dec. 30 from 1-4 p.m. at My Handyworks, 205 South Main St. in St. Charles
- What? Friday is Hands Day at Art Camp. Children ages five and older will paint pictures without paintbrushes, make a wax hand and personalize their own crayon. Cost is $25. Call 636-724-7337 or email email@example.com to reserve a spot.
- When/Where? Dec. 30 at 6 p.m. at Rotary Park, 2577 W Meyer Rd. in Foristell.
- What? This holiday lights display is open from 6-10 p.m. The one-mile light display costs $8 per car up to six people. Call 636-639-2082 for more information.
- When/Where? Dec. 30-Jan. 1, all day at the YMCA of St. Charles County, 3900 Shady Springs Ln. in St. Peters
- What? Stop by and check out the St. Charles County Family YMCA's annual Lobby Auction going on now through January. All proceeds benefit the Y's 2012 Strong Community Campaign - which ensures that Y programs and memberships are available to all people, regardless of their economic situation. Bid on items including gift cards, sports memorabilia, electronics and more to help support the cause.
- When/Where? Friday, Dec. 30 at 7 p.m. at Faith Christian Family Church, 2349 W Pearce Blvd. in Wentzville
- What? This event is a time for grown-up fellowship, where adults can enjoy food and conversation as the holiday season winds down. The event is open to anyone in the community, ages 12 and older. Bring an appetizer, $3 for a white elephant gift and be prepared to play some games. Contact Deb Pederson for more details 636-357-5435.
- When/Where? Saturday, Dec. 31 at 11 a.m. at 222 North Main St. in St. Charles
- What? This display was formerly trains and treasurers and was held at the Frenchtown Heritage Museum. The train layout depicts a Victorian winter scene, circus scene, Katy coal train, Union Pacific Big Boy, Polar Express and more. Admission is $2 for adults and $1 for kids 3-12 years old. Money benefits the Frenchtown Heritage Museum. For more information, call 636-724-2106.
- When/Where? Sunday, Jan. 1 at the Renaud Spirit Center (RSC), 2650 Tri Sports Circle in O'Fallon from 12-5 p.m.
- What? The RSC is open free to all for swimming in the natatorium, games in the gym and the indoor track and fitness area.
- When/Where? Sunday, Jan. 1 at 2 p.m. at the American Legion Hall, 504 Highway 61 in Wentzville
- What? One lucky Bingo player will win a 40" Flatscreen TV given away as an attendance prize at the New Year's Day event. Bingo includes $3,600 payout, $1,175 Progressive (1/1/12), Horse Derby and other events played throughout the session. Open to people age 16 and older. Food and drinks are available. Doors open at 12:30pm and Bingo begins at 2pm.
- When/Where? Sunday, Jan. 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the YMCA of St. Charles County, 3900 Shady Springs Ln. in St. Peters
- What? Enjoy family activities, a variety of group exercise classes and free refreshments and giveaways. The first 50 participants will receive a free T-shirt. Call 636-928-1928 for more information.
For more information see New Year's Eve Celebrations and Events in St. Charles County.