Green Lantern Snowball Dance and 12 Other Things to Do This Weekend
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, check out what's going on in St. Charles County.
- Snowball Dance: Saturday at 6 p.m. at Wentzville Green Lantern Senior Center, 506 S Linn Ave, Wentzville. This event benefits "March for Meals," a program that provides home-delivered food to people in need. Cost is $8 at the door or $7 with a canned food donation.
- After School Mixed Media: Friday at 4 p.m. at My Handyworks, 104 S Main St, St. Charles. Mixed Media Exploration is monthly on-going class of exploration with paper mache, wax, wire, candy, shells and much more.
- Teen Movie Night- The Dark Knight Rises: Teens are welcome to hang out, watch Batman and enjoy free snacks at Library Express WingHaven from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Local Church Group for Moms of School Aged Kids: Friday at 7 p.m. at Morning Star Church, 1600 Feise Rd., Dardenne Prairie. MOMSNext is an open, accepting place for all moms of school-age kids (grades K-12) for authentic community, personal growth, practical help & spiritual hope. At monthly meetings, the group will focus on topics relevant to mothering a child entering elementary school all the way through high school, as well connecting women in our community who are in the same season of life. For more information or to reserve your spot visit www.mscwired.org/momsnext.
- St. Peters DJ Skate: Friday from 7-9 p.m. at St. Peters Rec-Plex. Kids and families are invited to put on their roller skates and roll with DJ Funk Master as he plays the latest hits along with special requests. Guests will also emjoy games and prizes. Cost is Rec-Plex admission (plus $3 skate rental, if needed).
- St. Charles Optimist Club to Sponsor Essay Scholarship Contest: All day on Friday at Fred's Complete Car Care, 1130 1st Capitol Dr., St. Charles. The Optimist Club of St. Charles is encouraging area students to contemplate the phrase “How Can I Help My Friends Realize Their Value” as part of the Optimist International Essay Scholarship Contest for 2012-13. The winning essay will be sent to the district level. $2,500 college scholarships are available for the first place winners at the district level. Students wishing to participate in this year’s essay contest can find out more about the contest by going to our local website link http://scoptimists.weebly.com/happenings.html for flyer, application with rules, and details.
- Umpire Job Fair: Saturday at 11 a.m. at 401 E Wabash St, O Fallon, O'Fallon. The O’Fallon Community Athletic Club hosts an umpire job fair 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the OCAC office. They will conduct interviews with experienced umpires, as well as with those without experience. Anyone of the age of 14 and older interested in umpiring is welcome.
- PAM Playgroup - Session 2: Saturday at 11 a.m. at Gateway Learning Connection, 2338 Highway 94 South Outer Rd., St. Charles. Parents and their child participate in interactive, themed activities, like; Bring My Outdoors Inside, The Little Chef, Yo Baby Yoga and Music Mania. Designed to foster such skills as socialization, learning to share, following directions, communication and listening.
- St. Peter's Weight Watchers Hosts One Amazing Day: You are invited to Weight Watchers "One Amazing Day" celebration on Saturday from 1- 5 p.m. You can check out a meeting for free at 7:30 a.m., 9 a.m., 10:15 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. Special offers include prizes, recipes, refreshments and more. Di Olivas will be offer an oil tasting at 1 p.m. and Dress Barn will be at the Mid Rivers location for a fashion show at 3:30 p.m. featuring Weight Watchers members as models.
- Winfield Warrior Pride Trivia Night: Saturday at 6 p.m. at 1270 Church Rd., O Fallon. Participate in 10 rounds of 10 questions beginingat 7 p.m. Cost is $160 for a table of up to 8 players. This is an adult only event. Soda and beer are provided; wine and mixed drinks available at open bar; no outside beverages allowed. Snacks are provided, but you may also bring your own. Enjoy 50/50 drawings, basket raffle, silent auction items, heads or tails, contest for best decorated table and cash prize for the first place table. Reserve your table by contacting June Wood at 636-866-6864 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. Dominic High School’s 50th Anniversary Dance:_ Saturday, from 7-11 p.m. in the _Fallon Family Center_ (new gym). Alumni of St. Dominic and Assumption High Schools, current and past parents and grandparents as well as friends of St. Dominic are invited .Age 21 and older required to attend. The band Fantasy will provide music for the evening. Beer, wine, setups and snacks will be provided. Dress is business casual/jeans. Pre-register your reservation for planning purposes; contact Beth Runge 636-240-8303 ext. 119 or email@example.com.
- Plastic Plays Maggie Malone's: _Saturday at 9 p.m. at Maggie Malone's Inc, 909 Main Plaza Dr, Wentzville.
- Open auditions for O'Fallon's Production of 'Faith County': Auditions for the O’FallonTheatreWorks’ production of the comedy, Faith County, written by Mark Langdon Smith, will begin at noon on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, in the auditorium-theater at O’Fallon’s Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366. Performances of Faith County will be held on April 19-21 and 26-28. Learn more about the production.