In Case You Missed It: Top 12 Stories in August
We've rounded up the most-viewed stories on Wentzville Patch from the month of August.
- Wentzville Teen Charged with Molesting Child - Wentzville Police said he twice had sexual contact with an 8-year-old.
- One Dead in Fatal Car Accident on I-70 Near Lake Saint Louis Boulevard - Grant Hulett, 31, was ejected from a car on Interstate 70 near Lake Saint Louis Boulevard before being pronounced dead on scene.
- Dierberg's, Schnuck's Respond to Cantaloupe Salmonella Warning Issued in Missouri - Consumers are advised to throw out any cantaloupe grown in southwest Indiana.
- O'Fallon Woman Charged With Statutory Rape of Timberland Student - Victoria Reinke, an instructional assistant at Timberland, was placed on administrative leave and subsequently resigned from the district.
- Wentzville Woman Charged With Selling Heroin to Undercover Officer - St. Peters Police pulled the woman over after the transaction, detectives said.
- Wentzville Police Asking for Help Locating White Van - The van was driven by two men who attempted to speak to teenage girls in the Wentzville area.
- Kwan Yin Fire Not Suspicious, Official Says - The Kwan Yin Chinese restaurant, which was owned by Steve Lim and operated by the Lim family, was a complete loss.
- Massive Fire at Kwan Yin Destroys Wentzville Restaurant - The restaurant, located at 1603 W. Pearce Blvd., is clearly visible to motorists driving westbound on Interstate 70.
- Weird Crime: St. Charles County Teen Grows Bedroom Pot Farm - A roundup of weird, unusual and off-the wall crimes compiled from police reports around the St. Louis area.
- Wentzville Mom Spanked Kids With Belt, Wooden Paddle, Police Say - Police said a belt imprint was plainly visible three days after children were spanked by their 45-year-old mother, who is being charged with two counts of child abuse.