January's Top Stories on Wentzville Patch
A secret compartment hold's a burglar's stash; a Dodge Ram tangles with a backhoe and loses; a candidate for office learns never to say "AK-47" at city hall—these are the stories that caught the interest of Patch readers in January.
- Man Caught with 30 Pounds of Marijuana Under Truck's Bed Cover, Deputy Says
A St. Charles County Sheriff's deputy arrested Justin Hulet, of Denver, on Interstate 70 near Wentzville. After Hulet began trembling and stuttering, officers found 30 pounds of high-grade marijuana.
- Fox2 Video: Stolen Items Found in Secret Compartment in Lake Saint Louis Home
Tracks led police to the home on Cannes Court.
- Board Considers Options After Splash Station Overruns Top $190K
Geological surveys failed to show extent of rock "anomalies" found during excavation.
- Woman, 22, Charged With Statutory Rape of 15-Year-Old Boy
A St. Charles County Sheriff's deputy said the woman confessed to two sexual acts with the underage teenager.
- Lake Saint Louis Man Stole Items from Neighbors, Cars, Police Say
Officers found the items in a secret compartment in the man's home, Lake Saint Louis Police said.
- UPDATE: Ameren Says Nearly All Power Customers Restored
Wentzville and Lake Saint Louis were particularly hard-hit by this morning's outages.
- Wentzville Woman Injured in Crash with Backhoe
The accident happened on Route MM in Lincoln County.
- Corvette Totaled in One-Car Crash on Route Z
The driver and a passenger sustained minor injuries in the accident.
- Fox2 Video: I-70 Closed for 5 Hours Overnight After Semi Crash
The driver was airlifted to the hospital and is now in satisfactory condition.
- Candidate for Aldermen Withdraws from Race After Comments at Board Meeting
John Zepaltas had previously filed for candidacy for Ward 3.