It's game day in Cardinal Nation. Tonight the St. Louis Cardinals take on the Texas Rangers in Game 1 of the World Series at Busch Stadium.
Patch has all the details for baseball's best fans and tips for watching the game in Wentzville and advice for those heading downtown.
Need to Know
- Rallies and festivities begin early in the day but game time is 7:05 p.m.
- The games will be broadcast on Fox, which means they will run locally on Fox 2.
- First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, will be attending the game. This means security will be tight and Major League Baseball is warning fans "not to bring anything they wouldn't bring on an airplane."
- St. Louis Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter is making the start.
- The theme of the 2011 season is "We are Cardinal Nation."
- A University City rapper is making a name for himself with a viral video about the Cardinals. Vega Heartbreak will perform downtown before Thursday's game, according to University City Patch.
- St. Charles County will be featured in a World Series win. Augusta Winery has already sent cases of sparkling wine to Busch Stadium to be used in the locker room.
Where to Watch