Ring in 2011 in Wentzville
Fun options for New Year's Eve that are close to home.
Still not sure what you're doing on New Year's Eve but don't want to drive too far? There's time to choose from options available right here in the Wentzville area. Here are just a few ideas:
New Year's for Kids
Parents, if you want to go out on New Year's Eve, but haven't yet found a sitter, you may want to consider PlayTime Party Center. PlayTime is having a New Year's Eve lock-in for kids ages 7 to 16 (age 6 is permissible if accompanied by an older sibling).
The event starts at 7 p.m. Participants can stay until 8 a.m. the next morning, or parents can pick up their children later in the evening if they would prefer to not have them stay all night.
The cost is $25 per child in advance ($30 at the door on New Year's Eve) and includes quad skating, party favors, games, prizes, playground time, dodge ball, a movie and breakfast for those who stay until the next morning. There will also be food and token specials from 10 p.m. to midnight.
Owners Todd and Kelly Bishop will be there throughout the event. Call to reserve your spot; attendance is limited to the first 150 kids.
New Year's for the Grown-Ups
- Rock out to songs from your favorite 80s hair groups as performed by the band Whitney Screams at Crazy Horse in St. Peters. The evening includes music starting at 9 p.m., appetizers, party favors and champagne at midnight. The cover charge for the evening will be $10-$15. No need for reservations, just show up at the door! Call 636-327-9614 for more information.
- For an elegant buffet, deejayed music from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. and a champagne toast at midnight, check out Bear Creek Golf Club's New Year's Eve celebration. The cost is $29.95 and reservations are needed. Call 636-332-5018 for more information.
- Enjoy a bistro dinner by Executive Chef Dan Thomas at Innsbrook Resort, 1 Aspen Circle. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with seating every half hour from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Guests may order ala carte from the menu. Fireworks over the resort's Lake Aspen will take place at midnight. Innsbrook is also offering an overnight special on rooms for $99. Reservations are necessary. For more information, call 636-928-3366 toll-free from St. Louis, or 636-745-3000 from Warren County.
- Join the fun at Maggie Malone's, 990 Wentzville Parkway, for an evening of dinner, drinks and dancing to My Own Medicine, a rock, pop and dance band. For $50, you get a steak dinner and buffet, all you can drink, free giveaways every hour, and a champagne toast at midnight. The celebration starts at 9 p.m. For reservations, call 636-332-1176.
If a quiet little dinner out for New Year's is more to your liking, check out these restaurants:
- Rizzo's — open regular business hours, New Year's Eve dinner specials ranging from $9 to $40;
- Rookie's Bar and Grill — open regular business hours, will offer New Year's Eve dinner specials;
- Stefanina's — open regular business hours on New Year's, will offer a steak and shrimp special that evening; or
- West Allen Grill — open regular business hours on New Year's, will offer up to five dinner specials that night.