This Weekend: Celebrate Derby Day in Wentzville
Each week, Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 5 at 3 p.m. at Therapeutic Horsemanship, 332 Stable Ln., in Wentzville.
- What? Therapeutic Horsemanship hosts an afternoon of races to raise funds to cover the cost and care of therapy horses. Event features a hat contest, Kentucky Derby and silent auction. Cost is $130 per ticket.
- When/Where? Sunday, May 6 at 2 p.m. at the American Legion Hall, 504 Highway 61, Wentzville.
- What? Doors open at 12:30 p.m. and bingo begins at 2 p.m. for players ages 16 and older. Food and drinks are available.
- When/Where? Friday, May 4 at 2 p.m. at 5250 Mexico Rd, St. Peters.
- What? Kids ages 10-12 are invited to a Cinco de Mayo celebration, featuring party games, music, dancing, dodgeball and more. A lock-in runs from 7-11 p.m. Reserve a spot at the St. Peters Rec-Plex. Cost is $10 in advance and $13 at the door.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at the St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd.
- What? The story follows a group of strangers trapped in a boarding house during a snowstorm. See if you can figure out who the murderer is before they do, as this popular mystery is brought to life on the St. Peters Cultural Arts Stage this weekend. Show begins at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- When/Where? Friday, May 4 at 6 p.m. at Morning Star Church, 1600 Feise Rd, Dardenne Prairie.
- What? Kids and parents gather for a live musical production that takes a look at the Bible. This months theme is responsibility.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 5 at 7:30 a.m. at the Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle, in O'Fallon_.
- What? The O'Fallon Parks and Recreation Department hosts a family-fun Cinco de Mayo event weekend with the RSC Fiesta 5K Run/Walk at 7:30 a.m. and the Fitness Festival from 9 a.m. to noon. Run/walk participants are also invited to enter the Cinco de Mayo costume contest for a chance to win prizes.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 5 at 10 a.m. in Fort Zumwalt Park, Veterans Memorial Pkwy and Fort Zumwalt Square, O Fallon.
- What? Celebrate O'Fallon's roots with this free event featuring music, a magic show and kids events including milking a cow and carving soap. Artisans will also demonstrate how to quilt, make rope and spin wool.
- When/Where? Saturday, may 5 at 8 a.m. at the _St. Charles County Family Arena, 2002 Arena Parkway in St. Charles.
- What? More than 300 people will sell their trinkets as 92.3 WIL host Cornbread teams up with MERS Goodwill and Thomas True Home value for the "world's largest garage sale" from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Cost is $5. Children ages 12 and under are free of charge.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 5 at 9 a.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr. in St. Charles.
- What? The Sparrow's Nest Maternity Home and Bridgeway Behavioral Health sponsors this run/walk on the Katy Trail. Experienced and non-experienced runners are welcome for some friendly competition or just a walk for fun. There is also a Kid's One Mile Fun Run and a 100 Yard Dash. Cost is $30 for individuals or $70 for for a family of four, plus $7 for each additional person. Entry fee includes a T-shirt and goody bag. Register online.
- When/Where? Sunday, May 6 at 3 p.m. at _First United Methodist Church, 801 1st Capitol Dr., St. Charles.
- What? The church presents its final performance in the Crescendo Concert Series, presented by local musicians: Sarah Price, Nora Teipen, Jon Garrett, Jeffrey Heyl and Nancy Mayo. Pre-concert talk by musicologist Nancy Rubenstein, Ph.D. is at 2:30 pm. Tickets may be purchased at the door.