This Weekend: Kid’s Night Out at the O’Fallon YMCA, Hiking, Flyball
Each week, Lake Saint Louis Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, March 9 at 7:30 a.m. at 1 Dye Club Dr. in St. Peters.
- What? Partners for Progress honors 16 high school students for excelling in science, technology, engineering and math at the Annual STEM Recognition Breakfast.
- When/Where? Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. at YMCA of St. Charles County, 3900 Shady Springs Ln. in St. Peters.
- What? Bring the kids out to watch Puss and Boots for free. Tickets are available in advance or at the door. Concessions will be on sale to benefit the YMCA's International Campaign. Chairs will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own chairs and blankets.
- When/Where? Friday, March 9 at 6 p.m. at St. Charles High School, 725 N Kingshighway St. in St. Charles.
- What? The St. Charles-based punk band will perform for the high schools band fundraiser "Pops and Pasta." Admission is $10, and includes a pasta dinner, ice cream, various performances put on by the St. Charles High School band program and Drop Avenue.
- When/Where? Friday, March 9 at 7:30 p.m. at the Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr. in St. Charles.
- What? Singer-songwriter, guitarist, storyteller Javier Mendoza performs in both English and Spanish. A cash bar by Quintessential Dining and Nightlife is available and doors open at 6:30pm. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the art centre's website or call 636-255-0270.
- When/Where? Saturday, March 10 at O'Fallon YMCA
- What? Children age six and older are invited to enjoy activities include swimming, crafts and a dance party. Contact the Service Center at 636-379-0092 for more information. Cost is $10 per child.
- When/Where? Saturday, March 10 at 9:45 a.m. at Old South River Road and Fifth Street, St. Charles.
- What? The St. Charles County Parks Department presents the St. Charles County Hiking Series, which began in February and continues through April. This weekend, hike three plus miles through this 160-acre park that is surrounded by the great Missouri River. Hikers carpooling to the event should meet at Backwoods St. Louis, 9 Fountain Grass Dr., in Lake St. Louis, by 9 a.m. Hikes are scheduled to begin by 9:45 a.m. For more information, contact Parks Program Coordinator, Bekin Youngblood, at 636-949-7535.
- When/Where? Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 a.m. at WestInn Kennels, 1522 Swantnerville Dr. in Wentzville.
- What? If you love dogs and friendly competition, come see the flyball tournament this weekend. For more information, visit the K9 Racers website.