This Weekend: Listen to '80s Music, See a Show or Become a Historical Character
Check out what's going on in St. Charles County this weekend.
- When/Where? Sat., Feb. 11 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Middendorf-Kredell Library, 2750 Highway K in O'Fallon.
- What? A membership drive for the Living History Company and cast call for historical characters to perform at this year's Tartan Day in St. Charles. Also hear Ryan Graham, St. Charles County Parks Historian, talk about the newest park, Towne Park, and its history. FREE and open to the public.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at St. Peters City Hall, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd. in St. Peters.
- What? ACT II opens its19th season with Robert Harling's classic story "Steel Magnolias." The play focuses on the camaraderie of six Louisiana women. Show begins at 8 p.m. on Friday-Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Ticket prices are $15 regular $12 senior/student. For tickets call 636-336-0033 or visit the website.
- When/Where? Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Ameristar Casino, 1 Ameristar Blvd. in St. Charles.
- What? Hear you favorite '80s music while enjoying dinner and drinks.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 11 from 7-10 p.m. at 3451 Pheasant Meadows Dr.
- What? Parents are invited to bring their children to the YMCA while they enjoy a night out. Kids participate in activities include swimming, crafts, this week gymnastics. Contact the Service Center at 636-379-0092 for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 11 at My Handyworks, 205 S Main St. in St. Charles.
- What? Try something new with your Valentine this weekend, like creating pictures using melted crayons. Art is $30 per piece. Call 636-724-7337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 11 at 6:30 p.m. at St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz. in St. Charles.
- What? Enjoy a multi-course meal prepared paired with Midwest wines. The event is part of the Midwest Wine and Grape Conference, held from Feb. 9-12 at the St. Charles Convention Center. Tickets are $95.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 11 at 6:15 p.m. at the National Equestrian Center, 6880 Lake Saint Louis Blvd. in Lake St Louis.
- What? The Kiwanis Club of West St. Charles County hosts an “All About Kids” trivia night with all proceeds going to the Friends of Wentzville Parks, a nonprofit organization. Beer, wine, soda and light snacks will be provided. A Cash bar will also be available, no drinks may be brought into the facility, but additional snacks are welcome.Cost is $160 for a table of 8. For more information or to register, call Mike Dinello at 636-262-7484.