This Weekend: Hike Through Wine Country, Learn About Beekeeping
Each week, Lake Saint Louis Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. at O'Fallon Elks Lodge, 1163 Tom Ginnever Blvd.
- What? Grab eight friends to fill a table for a night of trivia, Heads or Tails, basket raffle, and more. Proceeds benefit the 2012 Zumwalt South graduation night party. Register by calling Kathy Fenske at 636-281-8552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle in O Fallon.
- What? This free event marks the 11th annual fine arts show presented by the Oak Leaf Artist Guild. Visitors will see art work crafted by oils, acrylics and watercolors. The works will be on exhibit through Friday, April 6. Gallery admission is free, and the exhibit will be available for viewing during regular business hours.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at the University of Missouri Extension Office, 260 Brown Rd. in St. Peters.
- What? Three Rivers Beekeepers and the University of Missouri Extension Center for St. Charles County offer a three-part class. Sign up and learn about honeybees and how to manage a beehive. Class Schedule: Friday, Feb. 24 from 6-9 p.m. ; Saturday, Feb. 25 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 26 from 2-6 p.m. Cost is $75. For more information, visit Three Rivers Beekeepers website.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz. in St. Charles.
- What? Billed as the "Ultimate Girl's Day Out," there will be more than 350 exhibits, plus featured speakers including, Olympic gymnast Shannon Miller and actress and author Molly Ringwald. Participants can also attend seminars, eat, enter contests and more. Cost is $9 a day for adults and two-day wristbands are available for purchase the day of the show.
- When/Where? Friday, Feb. 24 from 6-8 p.m. at Framations, 218 N Main St. in St. Charles.
- What? Framations Art Gallery invites the public to view two new exhibits and to sample new wines from their wine sponsor, bakkheia. This event is free.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 25 at 9 a.m. at Progress Park, 968 Meyer Rd. in Wentzville.
- What? Children ages two to five participate in games and activities with a circus theme. Cost is $12 for residents and $15 for non-residents. Call 636-332-9236 for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 25 at 9:45 a.m. at 700 Matson Hill Rd, Defiance, MO.
- What? Experience St. Charles County Parks through hiking this spring. . The series begins Saturday and continues through April. This weekend, take a five-mile hike through Matson Hill Park, a historical park in Missouri’s wine country. This event is free. Call 636-949-7535 for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 25 from 6-10:30 p.m. at the Stegton Regency Banquet & Conference Center, 1450 Wall St. in St. Charles.
- What? Cost is $35 for a single, $65 for a couple. Guns will be available for purchase. Visit the website for more information.