Timberland Grad Montee Ball Named Heisman Finalist
Ball is having a record breaking year for the University of Wisconsin Badgers.
Montee Ball, a junior running back for the University of Wisconsin and Timberland High School graduate, was named a Heisman Trophy finalist.
The nominations for the 2011 award were announced Monday night on ESPN's Sport Center. The Heisman is considered the highest individual honor in college football.
Ball had a record breaking year in 2011.
According to ESPN, there are five finalists for the trophy, which will be awarded Saturday in New York.
The finalists are:
- Ball, University of Wisconsin
- Tyrann Mathieu, Louisiana State University cornerback
- Trent Richardson, Alabama running back
- Andrew Luck, Stanford quarterback
- Robert Griffin III, Baylor quarterback
Ball has carried 275 times for 1,759 yards and 32 touchdowns, leading Wisconsin to the Big Ten championship and a berth in the Rose Bowl Game. He also was named the Big Ten Player of the Year.