Wake Up Wentzville: Jan. 20 Edition
All the news you need for Friday, Jan. 20.
Good morning Wentzville!
Welcome to the column that will help you get through the day. Every Monday through Friday, we'll tell you what's going on around town, what you need to know and where the traffic snags might be.
Have a suggestion to make Wentzville Patch more helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weather: A chance of freezing drizzle before 2 p.m., then a chance of drizzle between 2 and 5 p.m., changing back to freezing drizzle after 5 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Southeast wind 7 to 10 mph becoming northeast. A chance of snow and freezing rain before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent, according to the National Weather Service.
In case you missed it
- Wentzville aldermen are considering eliminating the city's business license requirement.
- Get Out recommended HOPP Night at Progress Park and the 2012 St. Charles County Ice Bowl, a disc golf tournament at Quail Ridge Park this weekend.
- Filing closed for the Wentzville School Board with seven candidates in the running for two open seats in the April 3 election.
Coming up today
- County Collector Michelle McBride says there was a delay in the process, but St. Charles residents will be able to renew their license plates online soon.
- Take a bite out of our Chowdown Showdown, as we reveal the best breakfast sandwich in St. Charles County.
- Patch reports on Thursday's Wentzville School Board meeting, as officials discussed the city of O'Fallon's move to block a new high school in the city.
Around the web
Wentzville officials are considering repealing its ban on pit bulls. Read more in this St. Louis Post Dispatch story.
About this column: A look at what's going on each weekday on Wentzville Patch.