Week in Review: GM Nets Big Profit, New Hotel Coming to Town and Road Construction
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured right here on Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around Wentzville? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the last few days:
- General Motors' blue-collar workers, including those working at the Wentzville plant, will get profit-sharing checks up to $7,000 in March. The news came just days after the company announced it was getting rid of its annual pension contribution system for its employees. In its place, future retirement contribution will be made into a 401(k) plan.
- Construction crews will begin working on the Wentzville Parkway/Pearce Boulevard intersection by mid-March in hopes of completing the project in the fall.
- Wentzville Mayor Paul Lambi's business partner says insinuations that Lambi acted unethically while pursuing Ranken Technical College to open a Wentzville satellite campus is nothing more than a witch hunt.
- An 18-year-old Wentzville girl was taken to the hospital with serious injuries after the car she was traveling in lost control and overturned on Interstate 70.
- A new hotel in Wentzville is in the beginning stages of planning and making its way through the city's governing boards.
- The Wentzville School District will be hosting a Heroin Town Hall Forum Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. in the Auditorium at Holt High School in Wentzville.
- The Wentzville Chamber of Commerce plans to host its annual Candidate's Night on March 27.
- The 19-year-old girl that was found dead in a New Melle home after it had caught fire was a student within the Wentzville School District.
- St. Charles County obits roundup.
- A St. Charles County employee pay study shows a majority of workers are behind the market value in salaries. The study suggests a four-year plan to address salary compression.
- Kacy Eschweiler was named St. Charles County's Athlete of the Week.