St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within the limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, see the inspection scores for restaurants in the Wentzville area for June and July of 2012. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Scores for Wentzville restaurants:
- Target Café, score 100
- Wendy's, score 96
- Kwan Yin, score 95
- Chuy's Authentic Mexican Cuisine, score 86
- El Agave Mexican Restaurant, score 98
- Billy's Roadside Bistro, score 93
- Chick-Fil-A, score 96
- Pizza Hut, score 96
Scores for other Wentzville food service establishments:
- Pink Hawaiian Shaved Ice, score 100
- Quik Trip (1140 West Pearce), score 94
- U-Gas Phillips 66, score 98
- Lindenwood Ice Arena, score 98
- Mobil on the Run, score 96
- Walgreen's (Hwy. N), score 100
Scores for Foristell food service establishments:
- Best Western, score 94
- Forestell Fast Lane, score 95
- Mr. Fuel/Aro Systems, Inc., score 100