St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within the limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, see the inspection scores for restaurants in the Wentzville area for July and August of 2012. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Scores for Wentzville restaurants:
- Mr. Goodcents, score 93
- St. Louis Bread Company, score 98
- Pete's Drive-In, score 98
- Lion's Choice, score 96
- Bob Evans, score 100
- Applebee's, score 95
- Kicker's Bar, score 100
- Olive Garden, score 98
- The Ice House, score 100
- 88 China, score 89
- Waffle House, score 98
- West Allen Grill, score 98
- Wentzville Lounge, score 96
Scores for other Wentzville food service establishments:
- Tree House Learning Center, score 93
- Tree House Learning Center, score 100
- Progress Park Concession, score 100
- SSM St. Joseph Health Center - Wentzville, score 100
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, score 100
- Super 8 Motel, score 98
- Wentzville American Legion, score 95
- Duello Elementary, score 100
- Wentzville Middle School, score 98
- Timberland, score 100
- Boone Trail, score 100
Scores for New Melle food service establishments:
- Fireside Bar and Grill, score 91
- Liz's Bar and Grill, score 100