Wentzville Police Blotter: Fatal Train Accident, Fireworks Violations
Calls to the Wentzville Police Department, July 1 - 3.
Following is a list of reports taken by officers of the Wentzville Police Department from Sunday, July 1 to Tuesday, July 3.
- An accidental injury was reported at 9:49 a.m. on West Main Street at Sunset Drive. Mitchell Maserang, 15, was killed while walking on the train tracks.
- An animal bite was reported in the 300 block of Crystal Trail Court at 12:06 p.m.
- Property damage was reported in the first block of Foster Lane at 3:04 p.m. An unknown subject damaged a window, valued at under $750.
- Police were called to the 500 block of Great Oaks Meadow Drive at 3:56 p.m. for a civil matter.
- Police were called to the 4700 block of Providence Woods Circle at 7:50 p.m. to check on the well-being of a resident.
- Suspicious circumstances were reported in the first block of Boles Avenue at 8:42 p.m. Charles Roby, 31, and Daniel Spreen, 47, were both arrested for unlawful use of a weapon.
- An auto accident was reported at 8:03 a.m. on Wentzville Parkway at Luetkenhaus Boulevard.
- Stealing was reported at 9:20 a.m. in the 1400 block of Plaza Place. A license plate was reported lost or stolen.
- An assault was reported in the 300 block of Winding Way Court at 1:01 p.m. A juvenile was assaulted by another juvenile. Both parties were participants, and no prosecution was sought.
- Stealing was reported in the 600 block of Cheryl Ann Drive at 3:17 p.m. A check was stolen and forged.
- An auto accident was reported at 4:31 p.m. on eastbound I-70 at mile marker 210.
- An auto accident was reported at 5:03 p.m. on Hwy. 61 south at I-70 east.
- Stealing was reported at Walmart at 5:17 p.m. Two juveniles were caught stealing, but no prosecution was desired.
- An auto accident was reported at 6:01 pm. on I-70 west at Hwy. 61 north.
- Stealing was reported at 8:14 p.m. in the 300 block of Rustic Oaks Drive. The victim's portable dvd player, valued at under $500, was stolen.
- At 9:12 p.m., Rain Fozzard, 17, of Peine Lakes Drive, was issued a summons for discharging fireworks.
- Domestic violence was reported at 12:47 a.m. in the 400 block of Stone Park Drive.
- A 48-hour warning was given to a derelict vehicle on east Route A at Wentzville Industrial Drive at 7:29 a.m.
- Domestic violence was reported in the 1200 block of Grand Canyon Drive at 12:10 p.m.
- An auto accident was reported at 12:44 p.m. on East Main Street at South Elm Street.
- A report of an open door was taken at 1:27 p.m. in the 5200 block of Woosencraft Drive.
- A 15-day warning was given to a derlict vehicle in the 400 block of Ramblewood Way at 2:20 p.m.
- Domestic violence was reported in the first block of Layla Lane at 5:50 p.m.
- A runway/missing person was reported in the 500 block of Michael Avenue at 6:13 p.m.
- Domestic violence was reported at 8:33 p.m. in the 200 block of Michael Avenue.
- At 9:31 p.m., Tyler Vilbert, 19, of Great Oaks Meadow Drive, was issued a summons for discharging fireworks.
- Stealing was reported on Split Rail Court at 10:07 p.m. A radar detector and a fuel power programmer were stolen from a vehicle. The items were valued at under $500.
- Police were called to Rotary Park because of a vehicle "doing donuts" at 10:30 p.m.
- A rape was reported at 11:10 p.m. at a hospital out of the city. The victim was raped by an unknown subject.