Wentzville Students Tally Up Math Awards
Wentzville School District students competed in a regional math event Saturday, and 22 students placed in the top 10 in their grade.
LSL When Wentzville School District students competed at the Missouri Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM) 27th Annual Regional Math Competition, the awards added up.
The competition was Saturday at Rock Creek Elementary School in O’Fallon. A total of 48 fourth and fifth grade students from Boone Trail, Crossroads, Green Tree and Prairie View elementary schools, and sixth graders from Frontier Middle School competed in the event.
The students took tests in concepts and problem solving. The competition drew 230 students from 27 area public and private schools. Twenty-two Wentzville School District students placed in the top 10 for their grade.
Some of the students will advance to the MCTM State Math Finals held at Missouri State University in Springfield on May 5:
- Alex Dalton, 5th grade, Crossroads – first place, problem solving
- Phoebe Helton, 5th grade, Crossroads – third place, concepts
- Nate Beattie, 5th grade, Green Tree – third Place, problem solving
- Logan Brenningmeyer, 4th grade, Boone Trail – first Place, concepts and first place, problem solving
- Adam Routt, 4th grade, Boone Trail – first place, concepts
- Thomas Knehans, 4th grade, Boone Trail – second place, concepts
- Makayla Braile, 6th grade, Frontier Middle School – third place, concepts
- Seth Kemerer, 6th grade, Frontier Middle School – second Place, problem solving