The health of your feet reflects the health of your overall
body. After all, we’re all on our feet every day!
- Between 75-80% of the adult population has had some kind of foot problem in the last five years.
- The foot is an intricate structure containing 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles, and tendons.
- The 52 bones in your feet make up about one quarter of all the bones in your body.
- Women have about four times as many foot problems as men; lifelong patterns of wearing high heels often are the culprit.
- As a rule of thumb, don’t wear heels higher than 3 inches for more than 3 hours. Follow the 3x3 rule to maintain healthy arches and keep the piggy’s comfortable.
- The most common cause for a bunion is wearing shoes that are too tight. For this reason, bunions tend to travel in pairs, one on each foot. Bunions are usually easily treatable without surgery.
- Topical ointments and creams don’t get to the root of toenail fungus. There is a new noninvasive laser system that is an effective solution without side effects.
- A foot has up to 250,000 sweat glands. Your shoes absorb up to 60% of the moisture released each day.
- There are 3 common causes of discomfort in the ball of the feet. Most discomfort can be treated successfully and usually without surgery. 10.
- When you're walking, the pressure on your feet can exceed your body weight; when you're running, it can be three or four times your weight.
Dr. Neil Snyder and Dr. Meredith Stuart have been practicing podiatry together for over 20 years. The husband and wife duo offer dynamic, cutting-edge technology for pain relief treatment. “Our offices offer the latest treatment and technology to get our patients back on their feet quickly,” said Dr. Neil Snyder, DPM.
About the Snyder Stuart Podiatry Center
Snyder Stuart Podiatry Centers are based in Ellisville, St. Louis, and Wentzville, Missouri. Podiatrists Dr. Neil S. Snyder and Dr. Meredith B. Stuart are a husband and-wife team dedicated to providing outstanding podiatric care in a people friendly, caring and professional environment. Dr. Snyder and Dr. Stuart have state of the art podiatry centers to offer their patients the most accurate and complete care. The practice offers electronic charting, digital x-rays, and the best possible customer services, as well as performs surgical procedures at several of St. Louis' leading hospitals.
For more information, visit www.feetonline.net or call