New bike rack sculptures are lining the sidewalks of the Delmar Loop.
Joe Edwards, owner of Blueberry Hill, headed the committee that helped design and install 14 new colorful bicycle racks.
Engraphix, a local St. Louis firm, fabricated and installed the painted steel stands.
“With the creation of new bicycle and pedestrian paths by Great Rivers Greenway, more people are riding their bikes to The Loop," Edwards said. "It just made good sense to provide additional racks and have them be colorful and artistically fun. They add a whimsical 'Loopish' touch to the area. It’s like having 14 new street sculptures!"
The new bike racks include:
- Musical notes — Blueberry Hill (reads “I found my thrill” in music notes)
- Stars — Sunshine Daydream
- Pint glasses – behind Cicero’s
- Fish design — Componere
- Hello — Phoenix Rising
- Paint palette – Blick Art Materials
- Book — Subterranean Books
- Coffee cup — Meshuggah Café
- Music instruments – The Pageant
- Pink loops – Tavolo V
- Buildings outline – St. Louis Design Alliance
- Lollipops — Miss M’s Candy
- Camera — Star Images Studio
- Film reel – Tivoli Theatre
- Bike Tires – Regional Arts Commission
- Bike Riders – Big Shark Bicycle