As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? _Saturday, Oct. 13 at 11 a.m. Prudential Alliance Realtors, 1905 Wentzville Pkwy, Wentzville.
- What? Children are invited to come in costume for free pumpkins and candy.
Pirates on the Run Evening Trail Run 5K/1 Mile Treasure Hunt
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 13 at 5 p.m. at 332 Stable Ln., Wentzville.
- What? Therapeutic Horsemanship hosts a 5K Evening Trail Run through Therapeutic the hills and woods ofWentzville. If you're looking for family fun, sign up for the one-mile treasure hunt. Pirate volunteers from Renaissance St. Louis will be on-hand to guide participants and interact with the crowd. Face-painting and children’s activities for registered participants. All proceeds benefit Therapeutic Horsemanship’s therapy programs. Registrater _online_.
The 1960s St. Louis Cardinals
- When/Where? Friday, Oct. 12 at 1 p.m. at O'Fallon Senior Center, 106 N Main St, O Fallon.
- What? During the '60s, the Cardinal won three pennants and two World Series. On Friday, reminisce about these teams led by great Cardinal players such as Bob Gibson, Tim McCarver, Lou Brock and Mike Shannon. Discussion includes vintage video clips. Cost is $11.
- When/Where? Friday-Saturday at _Civic Park _in O'Fallon.
- What? Start the weekend with the annual street dance on Civic Park Drive from 5-10 p.m. on Friday night. On Saturday, enjoy festival food, live music, specialty booths and family-friendly activities. Admission and parking are free.
Mid Rivers Mall 25th Anniversary Celebration
- When/Where? Friday, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m. at Mid Rivers Mall, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., St. Peters.
- What? Celebrate the mall's 25th anniversary with Family Fun Night including free activities for kids, a DJ spinning ;80s dance tunes, samples and giveaways. All weekend long, stores will offer sales and special gifts with purchase. Spend $100 or more and receive two free movie tickets and a $10
bowling gift card. Visit www.ShopMidRiversMall.com for complete details!
- When/Where? Friday, Oct. 12 at _O’Fallon Elks Lodge_, 1163 Tom Ginnever Avenue, O’Fallon. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- What? Test your knowledge at Five Acre’s Trivia Night. The event features 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash prizes along with bonus rounds. There will also be a silent auction, raffle and 50/50. Cost is $200 per table of eight and includes beer and soda. The trivia questions begin at 7:30 p.m. You can _register online_and enter event code FAAS1012. For more information contact Kim Brown at (636) 949-9918 or email@example.com.
Cottleville Family Fun Night
- When/Where? Friday, Oct. 12 at 6 p.m. at Highway N & 5th St, Cottleville.
- What? Bring the whole family out to Legacy Park and Amphitheatre and enjoy kid activities including, a bounce house, face painter and live music and more. At 8:15 the activities close for an outdoor movie. Admission to the park and movie are free. For $3 kids get a wristband good for unlimited activities, games and prizes. The wristband will also include a goody bag with a voucher for a free bag of popcorn. Rib City sells ribs and pulled pork sliders for $2.http://stpeters.patch.com/events/cottleville-family-fun-nights-sponsored-by-rib-city-ed2b086b
Fort Zumwalt South Middle School Trivia Night _
- When/Where? _Friday, Oct. 12 at 6:30 p.m. at Zumwalt South Middle School_, 300 Knaust Rd., St. Peters.
- What? The them of this non-traditional trivia night is “I Plead the Fifth…..Squirrel!” All proceeds benefit the annual all school musical, the choir and the drama programs. There are eighteen mini-rounds, offering more topics and endless trivial possibilities for all ages. There will be monster chocolate chip cookies available, baked to order at $5 per dozen. Mulligans, attendance prizes and themed gift baskets will be available for sale. For more information, contact Mark Buske at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-379-1973.
The National Circus of the People's Republic of China: Circue Chinois
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St, St. Charles.
- What? The National Circus of the People's Republic of China performs contortion, flying and balance acts at the Benzemes Family Theater. Tickets start at $24.50 and go to $38.50.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 13 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. , Little Town Learning Center, 3320 Rue Royale, St. Charles.
- What? Donate a costume before Oct. 11 and exchange for a free costume on Oct. 12. Regular adult costumes are $10, children's costumes are $5.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 13 at 10 a.m. at 551 Salt Lick Rd., St. Peters.
- What? This free family friendly event features carnival games, a bounce house, free food, kettle corn, prizes and much more.
- When/Where? 12 to 3 p.m. Oct. 13 in DuSable Dog Park in St. Charles.
- What? Come out for a pet parade, costume contest, bone hunt and more.
Tour De Halloween
- When/Where? 9 a.m. Oct. 13 at the Weldon Spring Trailhead on the Katy Trail.
- What? Don a costume, bring your bike and ride to Defiance. Trick or treat at businesses and wineries. Ride on to Augusta for activities at Augusta Brewing Company.
St. Dominic Evening of the Crusader Dinner Auction
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 13 at St. Dominic High School in O'Fallon.
- What? For 25 years, the annual dinner auction has generated close to $1 million dollars. The funds continue St. Dominic's mission to keep tuition affordable for all students who seek a Catholic secondary education by supplementing the operating budget expenses that are not covered by tuition. Click here for more details.
Country Fair at the Academy of the Sacred Heart
- When/Where? Sunday, Oct. 14 at 10 a.m. at Academy of the Sacred Heart, 619 N 2nd St., St. Charles.
- What? The fair features inside and outside game booths, sport challenges, kettle beef and fried chicken dinners, a marketplace with fall decor, beer garden, raffles and more. The day starts with a 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. Registration is from 7:30-8 a.m., 5K start 8:30 a.m., 1 Mile start 9:15 a.m.
The Great Pumpkin Festival
- When/Where? Sunday, Oct. 14 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Morning Star Church in O'Fallon.
- What? Event includes hayrides, pumpkin decorating, chili cook off and bonfire. Event is free.
You might be interested in these stories:
- Get Free Fright Fest Ticket by Donating Blood
- 10 Places to Go on a Hayride
- Celebrate Halloween with Fall Events in St. Charles County
- Halloween Horrors Abound at Local Haunted Houses
- Last Chance: Sign Up For O'Fallon's Adult Halloween Haunted Park Hunt