Need volunteers? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the weekly round-up.
St. Charles County Chamber's Annual Golf Tournament
Anyone interested in volunteering to help with the Greater St. Charles County Chamber's Annual Golf Tournament, plan on meeting at the Chamber Office on Wednesday, May 22nd , from noon to 1 p.m.
For questions regarding this meeting, contact Terry McCrum at 636-946-0633.
15th Annual BCI Wing Ding
Sign up to help out at this annual fundraiser by clicking here. Event is Thursday, June 6 at Frontier Park in St. Charles.
The youth in these programs need teen and adult tutors who are patient, can encourage you and keep them on task to reading success. Training is short and free.
Call the St. Charles Club (1400 Olive 63301) at 636-946-6255 and ask for Tim Horton. Call the St. Chas Club in (St. Peters MO 63376) at 636-240-9150 and ask for Megan Taylor.
The St. Charles Optimist Club will sponsor its 25th Annual Golf Tournament at the Bear Creek Golf Course in Wentzville on Monday, June 3rd. This year’s tournament will support the club’s annual youth-oriented programs.
Player Reservations and Sponsorship confirmations must be received by Friday, May 24th.
For further information contact: Fred McGinley email@example.com, Joe Kloeppel (636 947-6441), David Borgmeyer (636 723-0275),or Mike Ebert firstname.lastname@example.org - (314 402-9039).
LINC St. Charles County is in need of van drivers
Volunteers needed for a new transportation shuttle that will run Monday-Friday 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. This shuttle will go from Wentzville to the following areas: Hwy 40 at Wentzville to Hwy K and Mid Rivers to Hwy 70 back to Wentzville. This "triangle" will give transportation to the community college, other tech schools and businesses that chose to participate.
Also need lunchroom servers for a group of children that we serve at LINC 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. weekdays during the nine weeks of summer as they partner with Operation Food Search.
For more information, contact Kathy Thompson at email@example.com.
The Mini Arc Softball Tournament
The tournament is scheduled for Saturday, July 20 from 4-9 p.m. at Kirkwood Park Fields 3 and 4.
- Assistants: Volunteers to help cheer on the team, demonstrate good sportsmanship, and celebrate a great season! Knowledge of softball is a plus.
- Umpires: Volunteers to umpire and assist with the Softball Program's "Mini Arc Tournament". Previous umpiring experience is preferred; knowledge of softball is a must.
- Interested in helping out? Contact Tessa Klassen at314-817-2234 to volunteer or for more information.
Mayor's Charity Golf Event Application Deadline is Friday, May 24.
The 16th annual Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament will be held at Bogey Hills Country Club on Monday, Aug. 12, 2013. The entry fee is $200 per person or $800 for a four-person team. Sponsorships are available starting @ $150.
Each year, the Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament Committee accepts applications from the City of St. Charles 501c3 charities. This year the deadline to submit applications is Friday, May 24 , 2013. To participate in the golf tournament, checks may be mailed to Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament: c/o Jim Rau, New Frontier Bank, 3773 Elm Street, St. Charles MO, 63301.
If you are a 501c3 non-for-profit organization within the city limits of St. Charles and you would like to obtain a charityapplication, please click this link http://stcharlescitymo.gov/golfapplication.pdf or contact the Mayor’s office at 636-949-3269.
The St Charles County Victims of Crime Assistance Program helps victims of crime through the Criminal Justice System by providing courtroom escorts, keeping victims informed of upcoming court dates, and providing necessary referrals and services as required. Volunteer requirements include:
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
St. Peters Rec-Plex, Sunday, June 16. Volunteers will help with the water station, registration and directing bikers.
Ambassadors needed for Salvation Army
St. Louis is the host city for the 2013 Salvation Army Family Congress general convention. Nearly 5,000 Salvationists will be in the Gateway City from June 6-9. The organization needs volunteers to assist with:
- Welcome Ambassadors - Registration Distribution 6/6-6/8 (The Peabody and several Downtown hotels)
- Resource Connection Set -Up Helper 6/6 (Hyatt Regency)
- Greeter - Resource Connection Station 6/7 and 6/8
- Cashier - Resource Connection Station 6/7 and 6/8 (volunteer must be at least 18 for the position and pass background check. Previous cash handling experience preferred)
- Welcome Ambassador - St. Louis Zoo Outing 6/8
- 5k Run Assistant - 6/8 Time and Location to be announced
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Sheila R. Davis: 314-646-3166
Help is needed at the Race for the Rivers on August 24th, 2013 at Frontier Park in St. Charles.
Volunteers are needed to sit in a chair at one of the openings to the park and inform people that alcohol is not allowed in or out of the festival area. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salvation Army Needs Volunteers for Camp Mihaska
Volunteers are also needed to help Salvation Army staff and families send off kids to Camp Mihaska on Monday, June 17. Duties include:
- checking in arrivals and making sure their information is correct;
- head lice check (gloves and masks provided);
- collecting medications being brought to camp
- collecting and logging money for the sweet shop
- overseeing trips down the hall to the restrooms and water fountain
- getting campers and luggage on the buses and noting which bus campers are riding