Summer vacations for students around St. Louis are rapidly coming to an end, while students and families prepare for the first day of classes.
But the start of school isn't only about sitting in classes, taking notes, completing homework assignments and tests that can make-or-break grades. But beyond all those things, there's an entirely other side to the beginning of school.
- Instead of spending the day with family or at work, you'll be spending it with friends in class, or with friends at after-school sports events.
- If you like shopping, you probably spent last weekend buying new clothes and technology during Missouri's Tax-Free Weekend... But if not, you can look forward to new school supplies, clothes and technology upgrades with tablets, phones and computers.
- If you like music, and aren't looking forward to the start of the new school year, you can create a playlist of your favorite summer songs. Or you can check out this list from The Nation of the Top Ten Back-To-School Songs, for inspiration.
- If you like to read you could look forward to the different books you'll be reading in class throughout the year. Or, read a chapter from your favorite book each day after you've finished your homework. Need inspiration? Here's a Huffington Post article about the top ten books in 2013 that were challenged by schools and libraries.
- If nothing else, the beginning of school means that fall is just around the corner and with it, the fall line-up of TV shows.