Welcome to Christmas in Wentzville, a daily column that will give you ideas of ways to shop in Wentzville for those you love this holiday season. Each day Patch will have ideas for gifts based on a theme—sports lover, outdoorsman, the reader or last-minute gifts.
We’re here to help out our fellow last-minute gift-givers. Whether you missed someone on your list or you just haven’t done your shopping yet, here are some easy and thoughtful last-minute gift ideas.
- Lottery tickets—Give the gift of optimism. If you’re in a real pinch, stop at , , or any other Wentzville gas station and pick up a few lottery tickets. Stick them in a card or a gift bag, and you’re good to go.
- Decorative coasters—You can never have too many coasters. Just ask anyone who owns wooden furniture. Pick them up at or , put them in a gift bag with a little tissue paper and you’re all set. Target has more than 100 different options when it comes to coasters, so you’re sure to find something that goes with your gift recipient’s home décor.
- Baked goodness—Whether you stop at or bakery, you’re sure to find something to please the palate. Better yet, bake your own special treats and put them in colorful containers for a homemade gift your friends and family won’t be able to resist.
- A fine wine—If your last-minute gift recipient appreciates a good wine, stop at , Schnucks or even on your way to the party. Pick up a bottle and tuck it into a wine gift bag or box from Walmart.
- Potted plants—A potted plant is a gift that keeps on giving, so if your last-minute gift recipient has even a slightly green thumb, stop at or Dierbergs flower shop and pick up a pretty plant that’s sure to brighten any room.
- Magazine subscriptions—Just about everyone has a favorite magazine. Find out what your last-minute gift recipient loves to read, and pick up a subscription from Amazon.com. Amazon will help you out by sending the recipient an e-card, or you can print the gift card at home. Tuck it into a card, and you’ll make someone’s day.
- Gift cards—You can get a wide variety of gift cards at and . Both stores have kiosks near the checkout counters that are full of gift cards from a wide variety of restaurants and retailers. You’re sure to find something that will make your gift recipient smile. And while you’re there, stop by the greeting card aisle and pick up a pretty gift card holder.
- Netflix subscription—Who doesn’t love a good movie, workout video or TV show? Sign your gift recipient up for a Netflix subscription. You can pay for anywhere from one month to one year of service, and you can choose from a variety of packages, starting at $7.99 and going to $95.88. Plus, you can choose your gift card design, attach a personalized message and even print it at home.
- Gamefly subscription—If you’ve got a gamer on your list, a subscription to Gamefly could be the ideal gift. Gamefly is a service that allows users to rent as many games as they want, with no due dates or late fees, and it even pays for postage. Like Netflix, Gamefly offers gift subscription options from one month to one year, and you can choose from packages starting at $22.95 and going up to $224.95. You can print or email the gift certificate and choose your delivery date.
- Concert, sports or event tickets—Whether you go with an ice show for kids, a hockey game or a favorite band’s concert, event tickets will brighten most anyone’s day. MetroTix.com offers several gift certificate options, or you can order tickets from Scottrade Center for any sports event or concert in advance.
Do you have a great last-minute gift idea? Just add it to the story!