Welcome to Christmas in Wentzville, a daily column that will give you ideas of ways to shop in for those you love this holiday season. Each day Patch will have ideas for gifts based on a theme—sports lover, outdoorsman, the reader or last-minute gifts.
Today, we’re all about books. If you’ve got an avid reader on your list, we’ve got you covered.
- Retail Stores — Several area retail stores have a decent selection of popular books, including and .
- Super Cheap — Really want to pinch a penny? Head over to and check out the books there. While you’re not likely to find the most current or popular books, they’ll only cost you a dollar each. It could be worth digging a little.
- Close to Home — If you’re looking for a full-service book store, you’ll need to head to a nearby town to find one. Try Barnes & Noble at Mid Rivers Mall, Rose’s Book House in O’Fallon or Main Street Books in Historic St. Charles.
- Reader’s Choice — If you’re not sure which books your favorite reader wants, consider an Amazon.com gift card to let him choose the books himself. Amazon offer four ways to send a gift card—email, Facebook, print from your computer and mail.
- DIY Book — If you really want to give a personal gift, try making your own book. Several online services offer you the ability to design and create a book. Try writing a story about that special person on your list. Tell her love story, the story of her family or the story of her most recent accomplishment. Include plenty of photos, and you’ll have a gift she will always treasure. Try services such as Blurb, Shutterfly or Wal-Mart’s DIY book service. You can even pick up some of the DIY books the same day.
- Christian Books — Head over to local store , which features a large collection of Christian reading.
Know of a great place to get books in town? Just add it to the story!