The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Doug Bolnick, health department spokesman.
Below, find inspection scores of area food service establishments in June and July 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection Page.
- Wentzville Donut Café (714 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 98
- Pizza Hut (1991 Wentzville Parkway), score 96
- Little Caesar’s Pizza (1126 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 100
- Wendy’s (1233 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 96
- Hardee’s (1944 Wentzville Parkway), score 93
- Steak N Shake (1134 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 94
- Chick Fil-A (1918 Wentzville Parkway), score 98
- Lulu’s Shaved Ice (904 Main Plaza Drive), score 96