The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Doug Bolnick, health department spokesman.
Below, find inspection scores of area food service establishments in June and July 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection Page.
- Chuy’s Authentic Mexican Cuisine (8 Wentzville Centre), score 96
- El Agave Mexican Restaurant (1201 Wentzville Parkway), score 100
- IHOP (10 Layla Lane), score 96
- Rizzo’s (1155 Wentzville Parkway), score 98
- Ruby Tuesday’s (1248 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 100
- Billy’s Roadside Bistro (1826 W. Pearce Boulevard) score 88
- Maggie Malone’s (990 Wentzville Parkway), score 98
- Stefanina’s (762 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 100
- Rookie’s Bar & Grill (1544 Service Road), score 96