The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Doug Bolnick, health department spokesman.
Below, find inspection scores of area food service establishments in June and July 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection Page.
- Wentzville Green Lantern (506 S. Linn Street), score 100
- Bristol Manor of Wentzville (840 W. Northview), score 89
- Progress Pool Concession (968 Meyer Rd.), score 95
- St. Vincent Paul/St. Patrick Food Pantry (230 West 4th St.), score 100
- Wentzville Mem. Post 5327 VFW (1414 Hwy. Z), score 98
- Andoro & Sons (701 E. Pearce Boulevard), score 100
- American Food and Vending Co. (1500 E. Rte. A), score 98
- Country Club Express Car Wash (1744 Wentzville Parkway), score 86