regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, see the inspection scores for restaurants in the Lake Saint Louis-Dardenne Prairie area for October 2011. To look up other scores, visit the health deparment's Food Inspection page.
Lake Saint Louis inspections:
- Seafood, 101 Civic Center Drive, score: 100
- Schnuck's Deli, 101 Civic Center Drive, score: 100
- Schnuck's Salad Bar, 101 Civic Center Drive, score: 100
- , 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive, score: 100
- Walmart Bakery, 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive, score: 98
- , score: 100
- , 469 Hawk Ridge Trail, score: 100
- Taco Bell, 901 Robert Raymond Drive, score: 98
- , 760 Lakeside Plaza, score: 100
- , 161 Civic Center Drive, score: 98
- Aldi, 464 Hawk Ridge Trail, score: 93
Dardenne Prairie inspections:
- Thoele Convenience Store, 7407 Hwy N, score: 91
- Dardenne Knights of Columbus, 2199 Post Road, score: 100
- Happy China, 7871 Hwy N, 88
- Immaculate Conception School, 2089 Hanley Road, score: 100
- Youth Activitiy Park, 7801 Hwy N, score: 100