Good morning !
Welcome to the column that will help you get through the day. Every Monday through Friday, we'll tell you what's going on around town, what you need to know and where the traffic snags might be.
Have a suggestion to make Wentzville Patch more helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an email at .
- Weather: A chance of rain, mixing with snow after 7 a.m., then gradually ending. Cloudy through mid-morning, then gradual clearing, with a temperature falling to around 27˚F by 5 p.m. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 14 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Tuesday night, mostly clear with a low around 15˚. Northwest wind between 12 and 15 mph becoming calm, according to the National Weather Service.
In case you missed it
- Patch's "Chowdown Showdown" asked which restaurant has the best breakfast sandwiches in St. Charles County.
- "Sports Report" says upcoming GAC conference basketball games will give top teams the chance to pull away.
- Personal property tax assessment forms are mailed this week. Deadline to return the forms without penalty is March 1.
Coming up today
- Patch reports on the Martin Luther King Jr. event at Holt High School Monday.
- A new game called phone stacking gives hope for a return to table manners in the cellular age.
- Kemery Baldwin's Faith Matters tells about a Haitian group, who worship together in French, Creole and English at Harvester Baptist Church.
Around the web
- Some road improvements have been made, but there still are dangerous areas on state highways in southwest St. Charles County, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
About this column: A look at what's going on each weekday on Wentzville Patch.