St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within the limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, see the inspection scores for restaurants in the Lake Saint Louis area for July and August of 2012. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Lake Saint Louis Food Inspection Scores:
- El Maguey (Lake Saint Louis Boulevard), score 91
- Subway (Lake Saint Louis Boulevard), score 100
- Great Wall, score 98
- Starbuck's, score 100
- White Castle, score 100
- Wendy's, score 95
- Subway (Ronald Reagan), score 100
- Lullaby Inn Learning Center, score 100
- Circle K/Shell, score 94
- Mobil Crown Mart, score 86
- Chapel of the Lake Pantry, score 100
- SSM St. Joseph Hospital West, score 100
Dardenne Prairie Food Service Inspection Scores:
- Super Smokers, score 100
- Dardenne Knights, score 100
- Town Square 12 Ciné, score 100
- Happy China, score 93
- Red Robin, score 98
- Town Square Pub & Grill, score 91