regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within the limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, see the inspection scores for restaurants in the Lake Saint Louis area for March and April of 2012. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Scores for Lake Saint Louis restaurants:
- , score 94
- , score 100
- (Lake Saint Louis Boulevard), score 98
- (Ronald Reagan Boulevard), score 100
- (Lake Saint Louis Boulevard), score 83
Other Lake Saint Louis food-service establishments
- , score 100
- , score 88
- Hope Montessori Day Care Academy, score 100
- seafood, score 100
- Schnuck's salad bar, score 95
- Schnuck's deli, score 98
- , score 98
- SSM St. Joseph Health Center, score 100
- Barathaven Alzheimer's Special Care Center, score 100
- Red Robin, score 100
- Happy China, score 100
- Dardenne Prairie Produce Market, score 98
- Shop N Save coffee shop, score 100
- Shop N Save retail, score 100
- Shop N Save bakery, score 100
- Shop N Save deli, score 93
- Shop N Save seafood, score 100