The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will close all lanes and ramps of Interstate 64 in both directions downtown between Hampton Avenue and Forest Park Parkway at 8 p.m. Friday. Motorists attending this weekend’s downtown festivities are urged to use I-44, I-70 or I-55.
While the interstate is closed, crews will remove the Taylor and Newstead bridges over I-64. The ramps from McCausland/Skinker, Hampton Avenue and Kingshighway Boulevard to eastbound I-64 will be closed during this time.
In addition, the ramps from Pine Street, Jefferson Avenue, Market Avenue and Grant Road to westbound I-64 will be closed during this time. Crews will reopen the interstate and all ramps by 3 a.m. Monday.
The detour for westbound I-64 will be to get off the interstate at the Forest Park Avenue exit (38A) and follow Forest Park Avenue to Kingshighway. After turning left onto Kingshighway, drivers will follow Kingshighway back to the interstate.
The detour for eastbound I-64 will be to get off the interstate at the Hampton Avenue exit (34B), turn right on Hampton and follow it to eastbound Interstate 44. Drivers can then take I-44 to the Poplar Street Bridge. Detour maps are available on-line.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Vandeventer ramp to westbound I-64 remains closed until late 2013.
- I-64, St. Louis City, starting at 3 a.m. Monday, until November 2013, drivers in both directions will have three shifted, 10-foot lanes between Kingshighway to Vandeventer. The rightmost lane of eastbound I-64 will exit at Hampton.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison will remain closed until Sunday. The ramp will close weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until April 2013. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed until fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge has three lanes of traffic in each direction. The ramp from northbound 5th Street to eastbound I-70 is closed until fall 2013.