With road conditions rapidly deteriorating as snow and sleet continue to fall, officials from the City of Wentzville closed city offices at 11 a.m. today.
The city is also asking residents to move their cars off city streets to allow road crews easier access.
“We made this decision for the safety of City employees and residents,” said Wentzville Mayor Nick Guccione. “We have City snowplow crews working on City streets, but for their own safety we suggest everyone stay off the roads if at all possible and allow our snowplow crews to work on keeping up with this storm as it progresses,” said Guccione.
Wentzville Chief of Police Lisa Harrison suggests that residents also check on their elderly neighbors.
“It’s a good idea to call and check on seniors when the weather gets like this,” said Chief Harrison. “For seniors, stepping out the door to get the mail or let out a pet could result in a dangerous fall, especially if no one is around to help them get back up and inside.”
City officials expect city offices to resume regular operating hours tomorrow.
Wentzville School District announced last night that it was closing on Thursday due to the expected winter storm.
READ MORE: Track School Closings in St. Charles County
Other weather-related closures in the Wentzville/Lake Saint Louis area:
- Wentzville Chick-Fil-A announced on Facebook that they will close at 1 p.m.
- Morning Star Church in Dardenne Prairie is closed.
- Therapeutic Horsemanship in Wentzville is closed.
- Animal Medical Center in Wentzville is closed.
- First Baptist Church is closed.
- ABC Daycare is closed.
- Boyers Academy closed tonight.
- Wharf Pharmacy closing at noon.
- Glo Hair and Tan closed.
- Taylor Tots Children's Boutique closed.
- St. Charles County government offices closed at noon.
- Wentzville Veterinary clinic closing early.
- Rhino Fitness canceling evening childcare and cardio classes.