St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within the limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, see the inspection scores for restaurants in the Wentzville area for July, August and September of 2012. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Scores for Wentzville restaurants:
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, score 98
- Domino's Pizza, score 96
- Fritz's Frozen Custard, score 98
- Imo's Pizza (West Pearce), score 100
- Arby's Roast Beef, score 98
- Taco Bell, score 98
- Cecil Whittakers, score 100
- Penn Station East Coast Subs, score 90
- Lowrey's Streetside Pub, score 91
- UnKorked Wine Garden, score 100
- Imo's Pizza (Mall Parkway), score 91
- Bamboo House, score 90
- 54th Street Grill, score 98
- Chill Yogurt Café, score 98
- Papa John's Pizza, score 93
Scores for other Wentzville food service establishments:
- Juicy Tan, score 100
- Wentzville BP (South Outer Road) score 80
- U-Gas (Hwy. Z), score 98
- Target, score 100
- Target Deli, score 100
- St. Joseph School Cafeterial, score 100
- Quail Ridge Horseshoe Club, score 100
- Community Club BBQ, score 100
- Community club BBQ, score 100