St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find links to stories featuring inspections of restaurants throughout the county. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Following are inspection scores for area schools' food service:
- Timberland High School (559 E. Hwy. N), score 100
- Wentzville South Middle School (561 E. Hwy. N), score 100
- Boone Trail Elementary School (555 E. Hwy. N), score 100
- Immanuel Lutheran School (632 E. Hwy. ), score 100
- Daniel Boone Elementary School (201 W. Hwy. D), score 95
- Duello Elementary School (1814 Duello), score 100
- Wentzville Middle School (405 Campus Drive), score 100
- Heritage Primary School (612 Blumhoff), score 100
- St. Patrick School Cafeteria (701 S. Church), score 100
- Peine Ridge Elementary School (1107 Peine Road), score 100
- Lakeview Elementary School (2501 Mexico Road), score 100
- St. Joseph School Cafeteria (1416 Josephville Road), score 100
Check these links for more scores:
- Wentzville Restaurant Inspection Scores: Fast Food and Convenience Stores
- Wentzville Restaurant Inspection Scores: Pizza and Subs