St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find links to stories featuring inspections of restaurants throughout the county. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Following are inspection scores for area food service establishments:
- Hawk's Nest Liquor (359 Luetkenhaus Boulevard), score 98
- Dollar General (712 W. Pearce Boulevard), score 94
- Target Starbuck's, score 100
- Target (retail), score 100
- Playtime Party Center, score 100
- Lindenwood Ice Arena, score 98
- Noah's Ark (411 West Pearce), score 98
- Walgreens (10 E. Hwy. N), score 100
- Andro & Sons (701 East Pearce), score 100
- American Food & Vending (1500 E. Route A), score 94
- Wentzville Memorial Post 5327 (1414 Hwy. Z), score 100
- St. Vincent/St. Patrick Food Pantry (230 4th Street), score 100
Check these links for more scores:
- Wentzville Food Service Inspections: Schools Receive Stellar Scores
- Wentzville Restaurant Inspection Scores: Fast Food and Convenience Stores
- Wentzville Restaurant Inspection Scores: Pizza and Subs