Notifying parents when school is closed is important, and the Wentzville School District has a number of ways to make sure that parents (and all those kids cheering in the background) get the news:
- The district has a telephone broadcast system that allows administrators to notify all households by phone if inclement weather necessitates an early dismissal or school cancellation. Of course, the success of the system relies on parents notifying the school office about any change in personal contact information.
- The district also notifies the following television and radio stations of school closing information: KTVI (TV Channel 2), KMOV (TV Channel), KSDK (TV Channel 5), KMOX (Radio 1120 AM), KWRE (Radio 730 AM), KFAV (Radio 99.9 FM). The school closings are also usually listed on the stations' websites. Look for the district - WENTZVILLE R-IV, and not for the individual schools.
- The Wentzville School District website and the district's e-newsletter will also carry closing information.
- The Wentzville School District Facebook page will have closing information, and parents can also follow "WSDinfo" on Twitter to receive school closing Tweets.
- Wentzville Patch will also report any school closings on our website, Facebook page and Twitter.
This year, the district is trying something new with make-up days.
Six days—Feb. 15, March 4, April 1, and May 28, 29, 30—have been designated as possible make-up days. These dates are already listed in the district calendar as not being in session. However, if a school day is canceled then school will be in session on those days.
If there are less than six snow days used, the last day of school will be no later than May 30.