This Sunday in Lake Saint Louis marks the 31st running of the Lake Saint Louis Triathlon. Here are some facts about the event:
- The Triathlon will be held Saturday, August 24 at the Lake Saint Louis Community Association clubhouse at 100 Cognac Drive.
- Participants must be pre-registered.
- In the long course, participants swim 1500 meters, bike 24 miles and run 6.2 miles.
- In the short course, participants swim .25 miles, bike 12.3 miles and run 2.5 miles.
- The long course opens at 7 a.m.; the short course opens at 8:15 a.m.
- The Lake Saint Louis Triathlon is oldest organized triathlon event in the St Louis metro area.
- The event draws participants from all over the country.