The city of Lake St. Louis has a strong force in it's fire protection. There are 13 professional firefighters in addition to 50+ volunteers. This district covers a response area of appromately 7 square miles which includes over twelve thousand residents. With the lake being such a big part of this community, the LSL Fire Protection includes a Water Rescue Task Force. There is a rescue boat for use on the lake. The professional firefighters spend their days here at Station 1 and their evenings at Station 2 on S. Ellerman Rd in LSL. Station 1 is serviced on the nights and weekends by trained volunteer firefighters.
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Services: Fire/water rescue, building inspection/permits, burn permits, infant car seat installation, fire house tours.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: No
- Number of firefighters: 8
- Number of trucks: 3
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer